Aller au contenu
Yarzabal

Why does my iPad only respond to my finger?

Messages recommandés

When I use my iPad, the touchscreen only works when I use my finger. If I try to use anything inanimate (such as the cap of a pen or an eraser), it doesn't react. Why is this? How does the iPad know that I am using my finger, and then how do styluses work?

Thanks!

--------------

ipad 2 speaker dock ipad 2 Soft cases stylus for ipad 2

When I use my iPad, the touchscreen only works when I use my finger. If I try to use anything inanimate (such as the cap of a pen or an eraser), it doesn't react. Why is this? How does the iPad know that I am using my finger, and then how do styluses work?

Thanks!

The touchscreen of iPad is a capacitive one.

Wikipedia :

"A capacitive touchscreen panel consists of an insulator such as glass, coated with a transparent conductor such as indium tin oxide (ITO).[11][12] As the human body is also an electrical conductor, touching the surface of the screen results in a distortion of the screen's electrostatic field, measurable as a change in capacitance. Different technologies may be used to determine the location of the touch. The location is then sent to the controller for processing. Unlike a resistive touchscreen, one cannot use a capacitive touchscreen through most types of electrically insulating material, such as gloves; one requires a special capacitive stylus, or a special-application glove with an embroidered patch of conductive thread passing through it and contacting the user's fingertip. This disadvantage especially affects usability in consumer electronics, such as touch tablet PCs and capacitive smartphones in cold weather."